my life, growing up, a diary started on my behalf by Henry Addico my dad and Yuliya smyrnova my mom.

Thursday 28 August 2008

3 weeks old

I am 3 weeks old today! yeah! This is official as I spent most of the morning yesterday at the Sheffield, city hall registration of births. So I am now officially a known statistic in the UK with Sophia Naadu Ottobia Addico being my full name. I ended up with three pieces of document; a doctors registration document, a short birth document with only my details which will get me into school and can also be used by mum and dad to claim child support benefit and a third document which cost a whopping £3.50 apparently that was a bargain. I was surprised with the bureaucracy as one document would have been enough but then what do babies like me know?

Mom and dad then took me food shopping where I started to cry my eyes out as I was tired. I settled for Starbucks cafe on high street after they rushed me out of Somerfield. Mom and dad had some coffee a chat before heading to Boots for some baby nappies and stuff. Mom took me out after paying for the goods and fed me in front of a big cathedral. Daddy headed off to castle market to finish off the shopping.

We travelled back on the tram. On the tram we met this old lady who mistook me for boy as according to her I looked too pretty to be a girl just to save her the embarrassment. I cant say that hurt my feelings at all as in our world we are all babies!

Just almost forgotten, mum found out how to make a soft nest from a sunflower and elephant we got from my aunties which most of our visitors failed to work out how to use them. It was shown in a Mothercare magazine! The nest is innovative and can used as a play mat and a sofa. So yesterday dad made it and I played in it for a bit during the day. I cannot entertain myself for long as I am still only a little baby needing loads of attention and cuddles.

No comments:

My Blog List